Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sew Unorganized...

Now, for a project that I intend to do very soon.  :D Whoop!

I've been searching for ways to organize my sewing things.  At the current moment finding the color of thread spool I'm looking for is a headache in the making.  Looking for the bobbin to match it...well, let's just not even go there.  I do believe I've found a solution though!  I'm still on the lookout for a sewing box to make, but as far as the spools go, I think I'm going to make this.




I'm so stinkin' excited about this! I'm heading home for the weekend and I think I can pick up the supplies while I'm there.  My parents tore down an old barn on our ranch a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I can find some tin and old wood that I can use in all of that rubbish.  Something I will be doing differently than the picture is that under each large nail I will be putting a smaller one so that the bobbin that goes with that spool can be placed underneath the spool.  Or perhaps the nail is long enough to hold both??  You know, I think it will be a better idea to use a long enough nail that will hold both.  The bobbins that go with my machine are clear plastic, so that way I could see the color of the spool underneath without having to pull the spools out.

Oh yes.  This is going to be awesome!  I'll take pictues of the process and post them when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment